William M. Cox
As a Charlotte native, Bill Cox, former Chief of Mecklenburg County ABC Law Enforcement serves as our ABC case manager and general ABC consultant. Bill’s combined 35 years in the Charlotte Police Department and Mecklenburg County ABC Law Enforcement Division provides a background ready to help meet the needs of the Charlotte Hospitality community.
Bill brings unparalleled knowledge and experience to every case he manages and provides our clients with exceptional consulting services in many aspects of ABC licensure. During his time at Rawls, Scheer, Foster, & Mingo, Bill has helped facilitate and protect the permits of some of Charlotte’s largest stadiums and venues as well as some of its most popular bars and restaurants
- Mecklenburg County ABC Law Enforcement Division 1982-2008
- ABC Consultant – Rawls, Scheer, Foster, Mingo & Culp, PLLC 2008-present
- Testified in North Carolina District and Superior Court as a law enforcement officer.
- Testified at North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings as a law enforcement officer.
- Certified as an expert witness and testified on two occasions in District Court after retirement.
Charlotte Police Department Training Academy
North Carolina Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate
Certified Instructor North Carolina Criminal Justice and Training
Instructor – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Training Academy
Central Piedmont Community College
Annual Training from the North Carolina ABC Commission
Certified Narcotics Detection K-9 handler by the United States Police Canine Association