Amanda A. Mingo
Amanda Mingo is an experienced trial lawyer who represents families who have lost a loved one and people who have been seriously hurt. She helps clients hold accountable those that caused them harm. Amanda’s compassion and ability to address each client’s fears and individual needs sets her apart. Her clients appreciate Amanda’s responsiveness, timely case updates, and the ease with which they can get answers to their questions. Amanda is a dedicated professional. She has received the highest “AV” rating by her peers and has earned the trust and respect of those working throughout the court system. Amanda is committed to getting to the root cause of the system failures that injure people and preventing future harm by achieving the best results for her clients.
In addition to injury claims, Amanda represents whistleblowers in reporting and prosecuting claims of fraud against our state and federal government. She also handles home and business insurance coverage disputes, ABC permitting and violations, zoning issues, professional licensing issues and other administrative matters. She defends claims of alienation of affection and criminal conversation and contract disputes.
Following law school, Amanda worked as an Assistant District Attorney with the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office, prosecuting drug crimes, and violent felonies. In 2003, Amanda left the D.A.’s office and began handling personal injury cases. She finds personal injury and wrongful death work to be much like her work as a prosecutor: to ensure the seriously injured and their caretakers are not left behind when they have been blindsided by the negligence of others. Amanda takes great satisfaction in the service and support RSCM provides to each client and in making a positive difference in their lives.
Honors and Awards
– AV Rating-Martindale Hubble
– Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- American Association for Justice – Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice – Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association – Member
North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, J.D.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Ranked 2nd of 84 Students
University of North Carolina, Asheville, North Carolina, B.A.
Costa Rican Language Academy, Spanish immersion program
Areas of Practice
– Personal Injuries, including:
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Premises Liability
– Whistleblower, False Claims Act, and Qui Tam Cases
– Insurance Coverage Disputes
– Administrative Hearings & Adjudication
– Appellate Practice
Past Employment Positions
- Rawls, Scheer, Foster & Mingo, PLLC, Managing Partner, 2011
- Rawls, Dickinson & Scheer, P.A., Associate Attorney, 2004 – 2010
- Mecklenburg Co. District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1997 – 2003
- 2013 – A North Carolinajury awarded $3,000,000 for the death of a minor, killed in an automobile crash, resulting from the absence of a traffic signal at a major intersection and excessive driver speed. Amanda’s clients sued the land development company that violated its obligation to pay to install the traffic signal when it expanded the intersection. At the time of the award, this was the largest verdict associated with the death of a minorin the state of North Carolina.
- 2016 – Amanda successfully argued before the North Carolina Supreme Court and the Court upheld a $3,000,000 verdict against the North Carolina Department of Transportation for its failure to install a traffic signal at a dangerous intersection.
– North Carolina State Bar
– United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
– United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
my recent reviews
“I thought RSFM was the only Law Firm in Charlotte!! They have been my Attorney’s for many year’s & I have alway’s been pleased with there professionalism!! I have also referred many of my associate’s to them as well and they have also been very pleased with there representation of there legal affair’s!! I consider this Law Firm not only my Friend’s but my Family! Especially that really tall Eben & that short guy Tony!! Love you Guy’s!!!”